Philips Hue adding new lights, line of smart bulbs is growing
The Philips Hue line of smart bulbs is growing today with Philips Hue adding new lights. The addition of a lot new lights, strips, and lamps is exciting, here is a quick rundown:
- The “Hue Play Gradient Light Tube” illuminating around your TV (to sync the colors to what’s on your screen)
- An upgraded “Hue Gradient Lightstrip Ambiance” for your TV, which can likewise display multiple colors at the same time
- The “Hue Gradient Signe” coming in two versions, as a floor- and as a table lamp that can display multiple colors at once
- A new ceiling light called Infuse that can change colors and throws a bit of light up onto the ceiling (still unknown to this date)
- New filament bulbs that can change color temperature
- Brighter options for standard Hue Bulbs with up to 1100 Lumens for color-temperature changing and full color versions
Hue Play Gradient Light Tube | Credit: philips-hue.com
Related Tech Post
The products will be available in the coming month, with some configurations of the brighter bulbs and filament bulbs available right away. The new lightstrip and lamps coming in October of this year, and the new gradient light tube and ceiling light coming in January.
Later this fall, the company plans to launch a “natural light” scene that’ll let your lights adjust their color temperature throughout the day to mimic the light of the sun, with colder tones in the morning and warmer tones at the end of the day
Hue Gradient Signe | Credit: philips-hue.com
Signify, which makes the Hue product line, announced a partnership with Spotify to sync your lights to whatever music you have playing.
This post contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you make a purchase through these links. See our full disclosure here.